ABOUT US

The firm of Messrs. Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. was established in Northampton, MA in 1971 as the partnership of William F. Czelusniak and Francis E. Dugal to provide pipe organ tuning and maintenance services.  The firm grew rapidly as the demand for local, reliable, and quality work was substantial.  By 1976, work was full-time for Bill Czelusniak, and the partners were already serving Smith College, Amherst College, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, in addition to numerous churches of various denominations.

The firm incorporated in January 1978 with Richard M. Frary, Jr. as Vice-President, a position that he still holds today.  Since 1987, the firm also has served Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, and the Boston Symphony Orchestra in their summer home at Tanglewood, Lenox, MA. Regular tuning and maintenance work led inevitably to larger repair and restoration projects.  A sampling of our experience is included on this site with some earlier projects listed below.

Messrs. Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. is thoroughly experienced in a wide range of pipe organ repair, rebuilding, restoration, enlargement, and tonal activities, addressing instruments of all makes, ages, and actions.  The firm is recognized for consummate craftsmanship, imagination and creativity in tonal additions and renovations, thoroughness and responsibility in restoration and rebuilding commissions, and integrity and professionalism in all endeavors.  The senior employees of the firm are members of the American Institute of Organbuilders, the American Guild of Organists, the Organ Historical Society, the International Society of Organbuilders, and the American Theatre Organ Society. 

1979, the firm rebuilt the c.1875 Pomplitz tracker organ in the Village Congregational Church, Cummington, MA.

1984, executed a strict historical restoration of the 1856 Wm. A. Johnson tracker organ in Montague Center, MA.

1989, the firm rebuilt the 1902 J. W. Steere & Son pipe organ in Immaculate Conception R. C. Church, Easthampton, MA, which project prepared for the careful and sympathetic enlargement of this organ to 2 manuals and 24 ranks, which tonal work was realized between 1999-2001.

1993, reconstitution of the much-altered Ernest M. Skinner organ (now 3 manuals and 34 ranks) in the Skinner Memorial Chapel, Holyoke, MA, amounted to a new instrument with much reused pipework.  Also at the United Congregational Church, Holyoke, MA, the firm has restored the historic 4-manual, 70-rank, magnum Opus 322 of 1921, from the Skinner Organ Co., Boston, MA.

1996, the firm relocated into the new church building and enlarged the 1987 Theodore Gilbert organ for St. Cecilia R. C. Parish in Wilbraham, MA.

2001, in Worcester, MA, the firm rebuilt the 4-manual, 1926 Skinner Organ Co. drawknob console for Wesley United Methodist Church, installing state-of-the-art operating components inside, while striving to restore and maintain all original controls, construction, and appearance outside.

2004, completed the rebuilding and enlargement of the 1962 Berkshire Organ Co., Inc. instrument in the Second Congregational Church, Westfield, MA, where improvements had been begun already by Austin Organs, Inc. of Hartford, CT.

2005, the firm executed a partial retonalization of the Æolian-Skinner Organ Co. Opus1380 of 1962 in the Asylum Hill Congregational Church, Hartford, CT.

 

Contact









 

© 2007-2012 Messrs. Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc.
Site design by www.northfortyroad.com